Frequently Asked Questions
- How can I prepare my apartment for winter break?
- What is ACE 240: Personal Financial Planning?
- How can I successfully achieve my goals?
- What is the difference between a credit score and a credit report?
- Are you liable for charges made on your credit card after it has been lost or stolen?
- What is my credit score? Why is it important? How do I check my credit report?
- What is the Difference between a Credit Score and a Credit Report?
- What do college students need to know when purchasing car insurance?
- What is covered by my student health insurance?
- Why do I need renter’s insurance?
Resources on Campus
- CollegeInsure – University Payment Plan Insurance Coverage: Learn how your University of Illinois payment plan is insured.
- Choosing a Financial Professional: Learn about the University of Illinois Extension’s “Choosing a Financial Professional” site, which includes resources to help you find a financial professional as well as a guide to financial credentials.
- Tenant Union: Have questions about protecting your security deposit or reviewing your lease? Contact the Tenant Union for guidance.
- Schedule an appointment with a Financial Wellness Peer Educator:
Peer Educators can help with: managing spending, organizing finances, increasing savings, goal setting/planning, credit/debit card questions, credit reports, student loans, and more.