The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign is one of 15 universities to receive a grant from the Council of Graduate Schools to develop financial education programs for graduate and undergraduate students. The grants were awarded as part of the council’s Enhancing Student Financial Education project, co-sponsored by TIAA-CREF.
“The decline in public funding for education and increased cost to students means that the financial decisions students make while in school – at both the undergraduate and graduate level – can impact their future economic and educational opportunities,” said Deba Dutta, the dean of the Graduate College. “With this grant, the Graduate College will partner with campus units to increase engagement with financial resources and create specialized programming that benefits our students and postdocs, helping prepare them to make informed financial decisions.”
The Financial Wellness for College Students program helps students at the University of Illinois develop effective money management skills, and provides practical resources and educational opportunities to help them make informed financial decisions.
Students can meet one-on-one with Peer Educators to ask questions about their finances during office hours. Students can drop in during office hours or make an appointment by calling (217) 244-5580 or email FinancialWellnessUIE@gmail.com. We are located at Wellness Center, Concourse Level of ARC, 201 E Peabody Dr. Champaign, IL 61820.
For non-University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign students, you can call in for help.
Students are invited to connect with Financial Wellness through a monthly e-newsletter, Facebook, and Twitter to receive more financial related information and resources.
- To subscribe to the e-newsletter, click here.
- “Like” us on Facebook, facebook.com/FinancialWellnessUIE.
- Follow us on Twitter, @FinWellnessUIE
Faculty, staff, departments, and student groups can request financial workshops and presentation, and everyone can utilize online resources on Financial Wellness Website.
Be in the know. Stay updated on important USFSCO SMMC events and activities at the University of Illinois by subscribing to one of our e-newsletters. Each e-newsletter caters to your unique needs!
- Student E-Newsletter – Being a student is difficult. Make it easier by staying in the know about your finances. Our student e-newsletter highlights important events and financial tips for succeeding in college and beyond! SUBSCRIBE
- Staff & Faculty E-Newsletter – Academic advisor? Office support specialist? Instructor? Whatever your title, helping students growth and development is an important part of the job. Our staff/faculty e-newsletter focuses on spreading awareness of students’ financial issues and important opportunities for you to support a financially savvy student population. SUBSCRIBE
- Parent E-Newsletter – Parents have a unique role in a college student’s transition into the world of adulthood. Supporting students starts at home, and this e-newsletter is meant to help you facilitate learning by providing as many financial resources as possible. SUBSCRIBE
E-newsletters are sent out the first Wednesday of every month.