The National Center for Professional & Research Ethics (NCPRE) brings together information on best practices in research, academia and business in an online portal and center. The project, initiated with a five-year, $5 million grant from the National Science Foundation, is a center at the University of Illinois Coordinated Science Laboratory.
NCPRE develops, gathers, preserves and provides comprehensive access to resources related to professional and research ethics for many audiences. It will provide information and expertise for:
· instructors who teach ethics
· students with questions about research integrity
· researchers and engineers who encounter ethical challenges in practice
· administrators in universities
· businesses who oversee ethics and compliance policies
· scholars who conduct research on professional and research ethics
· others with questions or interests in these areas
Center researchers hail from diverse backgrounds, including business, law, civil engineering, education, electrical and computer engineering and library sciences. The project draws on the University’s strengths in engineering, digital library technologies, mathematics, medicine, business, law and other fields.