The Companion Animals Club promotes the enjoyment of companion animals through related activities such as volunteer opportunities and social events while promoting career and educational resources for members.
What do we do?
- Each semester members are able to take advantage of volunteer opportunities for the Champaign County Humane Society.
- We also hold monthly informative meetings that feature guest speakers such as veterinarians, rescue center employees, human society workers, and even our very own UIUC professors!
- Every semester we venture on a field trip chosen by members. In the past we have visited the St.Louis Zoo, the Feline Rescue Center, the Wolf Park, Hardy’s Reindeer Ranch, and many more!
- We hold a semi-annual Dog Wash as our club’s main fundraiser. The money raised is budgeted to help with our club activities and help make donations possible to places like the Champaign County Humane Society.
- We also try to be as innovative as possible and think of solutions to help our community like adding dog bag stations around the campus.
Our primary form of communication is made through Facebook and email. Liking and/or joining the following links will keep you notified of any current CAC events and functions, due dates for anything in the club, meeting dates, and any other important information you need to know!