If you haven’t heard, the Scholarly Commons is in the process of creating a new, collaborative space with construction beginning in 2019. We have a few mock ups of the space as it is currently imagined, and would love for our patrons to tells us how they feel about them! Below are the mock ups, then a series of questions to help guide your responses, which you can either put in the comments or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What do you like best about these drawings?
- What do you like least about these drawings?
- What is missing from this space?
- Large-screen presentation area in the middle of the space – thumbs up or thumbs down?
- Is there too much/not enough/the right amount of couch-type seating in these design examples?
- Do you like that there are two group presentation spaces or would having just one larger presentation space be preferable?
- Are there too many, two few, or just enough small group spaces?
- What is missing from these drawings?
- What could you imagine doing in spaces set up like this?
- What do you think about the furniture in these renderings?
- Would you want adjustable-height tables in the space? Why?
- What would make it easier for you to work on your research in this space?
- What would make it easier for you to collaborate in this space?
Let us know your thoughts!