The Illinois Program for Research in the Humanities Logo.
- Who: Doctor Felicity Callard — Reader in Social Science for Medical Humanities in Department of Geography, Durham University / Director of Hubbub at Wellcome Collection
- What: Sponsored by the Illinois Program for Research in the Humanities, and the IPRH-Mellon Bio-humanities Research Group, Dr. Callard is coming to Urbana to speak on her research, and how she works at the intersection of the humanities, the history of psychiatry, cultural studies, and social theory. Her current research project centers on the emergence of agoraphobia and phobias as named conditions, on early clinical pharmacological research in the United States, and behavior therapeutic interventions for anxiety and phobias.
- Where: IPRH Lecture Hall, Levis Faculty Center, Fourth Floor (919 West Illinois Street, Urbana, IL)
- When: 4:00 pm, September 22nd, 2016
- Why: To learn how one scholar uses an interdisciplinary approach to her research, how an interdisciplinary path can lead to an interesting, varied career, and to learn approaches for future bio-humanities research