Kaltura and Mediaspace are two methods to get into the campus “YouTube” system. The videos you create and upload are available from both places.
Additionally, you may embed the video or playlist directly in Compass.
- Kaltura is how video is integrated into Compass2g
- Mediaspace http://mediaspace.illinois.edu is a stand-alone website like YouTube.
- Start in a text entry window when you Build New Content or Create an Assignment- similar to assignment submission, a discussion forum, or wiki entry. They are all the same text editor – you’ve been here before.
- Choose “Mashups“. If you have created or uploaded your video to Mediaspace already choose “Kaltura Media”.
3. If you have not uploaded your video to Mediaspace yet, in the MEDIASPACE window select ADD NEW. You can choose a few options for adding video. MEDIA UPLOAD is the most common and if you have done a good job editing this will yield the best results.
4. Choose SELECT once you see your video the MY MEDIA roster.
Embed video or playlist in Compass
( same look as using Mashup)