What are some effective strategies to help students engage with the class and the instructor while they take classes online? What strategies do faculty in the Gies College of Business already use in their live sessions to increase engagement?
Studies show that student perceptions of interaction and collaboration correlate with learner satisfaction and learning outcomes in eLearning. Synchronous or “live” learning sessions offer online learning students the opportunities to interact and share with their instructors and peers from around the world in real-time. These live sessions “humanize” the online learning experience and afford improved student engagement. In this page, you will find links to recordings of presentations discussing strategies used in fully online classes that can be applied in residential classes as well.
Workshops and Promos
- Student Interactions in Live Sessions (Vishal Sachdev)
- Using a Tablet & Whiteboard Capabilities in Online Sessions (Larry DeBrock, Geraldo Lima, Marcelo Buchelli, & Norma Scagnoli)
- Greatest Hits Live Session
- Geoff Love Live Session Promo
- Faculty Seminar: Live Sessions (Hayden Noel and Larry DeBrock)