Checklist to Get Started With Your Online Course:
- Request a course site if you don’t have one.
- Check out the Gies Course Site template. The design has been evaluated and voted by students. Students are used to this navigation because most of the Gies courses use a similar design.
- Review eLearning course models: flipped, enhanced, blended, fully online or just a little bit of technology to enhance your teaching.
- Set up a coaching session or meet with eLearning staff to plan and design your course and the pedagogical activities that will support a successful online experience for you and your students.
- Visit the Gies Faculty development course specially created in Compass 2g. All Gies faculty has been registered in this course so you can learn and download resources for your class.
- Testimonials: Check out what your Gies colleagues say about flipping their classroom and using more online resources.
More Resources About Online Teaching
- CITL: Transition to Online Teaching
- CITL: Online Content Creation Guide
- CITL Workshops
- CITL Readiness Checklist
- Identify campus resources and opportunities
- Visit the “Getting started with Compass 2G” site to get an idea of the possibilities.
- “Teaching Online in a Pinch” Lanny Arvan’s advice to create videos for your course and other ideas for content.
- Teaching effectively in a time of disruption
- “Moving Online Now” Download this free Chronicle collection