If your course total is not displaying, you may try the following workaround:
1) Go to your grade book.
2) Choose “simple view” from the pull-down menu.
3) Scroll to the bottom of the page and add a category.
4) Name the category “course total” and set it to have the same calculation method as the actual course total.
5) Place all of the other categories/grade items into this new “course total”.
6) Hide the actual course total column.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions.