Professor and Director of Illinois Statistics Office
Affiliate Member of Institute of Genomic Biology
725 S. Wright Street Champaign, IL 61820 USA
Phone: (217) 244-8334, Fax: (217) 244-7190
Office: 116B Illini Hall
- Machine Learning, Medical Imaging, Recommender Systems, Natural Language Processing, Network Data, Personalized Medicine, Longitudinal/Correlated Data Analysis, Missing Data, High-dimensional Data, Model Selection, Nonparametric Models, Biostatistics
- Principal Investigator: NSF, DMS 1613190, “Group-Specific Individualized Modeling and Recommender Systems for Large-Scale Complex Data.” 2016-2019.
- Principal Investigator: NSF, DMS1415308, “Collaborative Research: New Statistical Learning and Scalable Computing for Large Unstructured Data.” 2014-2017.
- Principal Investigator: NSF, DMS1308227, “Personalized classification, moment selection, and time-varying networks for large-scale longitudinal data.” 2013-2016.
- Principal Investigator: NSF, DMS 0906660, “Model selection and efficient learning for high dimensional clustered data.” 2009-2012.
- Principal Investigator: NSF, DMS 0348764, “CAREER: Semiparametric and nonparametric models for correlated data.” 2004-2009.
- Co-Principal Investigator (PI: John Fowler, Botany and Plant Pathology, Oregon State): EPA, “Indicators of fitness in the maize pollen transcriptome: A screen for correlation between gene expression and pollen competitve ability.” 2006-2008.
- Principal Investigator: NSF, DMS 0103513 “Semiparametric models for correlated data: The quadratic inference function approach.”2001-2004.
- Co-investigator (P.I.: W.C. Hayes): NIH, “Fall biomechanics and hip fracture risk.” 2002-2003.